Mailroom Clerk (Part Time)
The Mailroom Clerk's main function is to open, separate, and prepare all mail for scanning. This includes going through all the mail with extreme attention to detail looking folds or any other reason a form would need attention before being scanned. This individual scans all documents and disperses appropriately, whether it is preparing the document for archive or routing the document to the appropriate Sample Accountability or Data Entry representative. Detailed and accurate log sheets are created daily.
The individual will also prepare outbound mail which includes utilizing the letter inserter and postage meter for finalizing outbound mail. Detail to monitoring the letter folder/inserter and postage meter will be important to make letters are inserted and each envelope is stamped.
The individual may also be asked to file client based Sample Management documents as defined by client specific business rules.
The Mailroom Clerk is responsible for maintaining a neat and orderly mailroom environment. This individual will act as back-up to the data entry clerks and must be able to work closely with all Mailroom, Data Entry and Sample Management employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives client documents and all related sample accountability forms.
- Batches documents based upon the client, Job # and like form types, prepares documents for scanning and data entry.
- Prepare outbound letters for mailing utilizing the mailroom equipment which includes the copier, letter inserter/folder and postage meter.
- Keeps a neat and orderly work space.
- Follows Client specific SOPs to ensure that we are completing assigned tasks within guidelines outlined by client.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Makes management aware of work backlogs or any potential situations that may affect the expedient flow of work throughout the area.
- Maintains department archive files/logs.
- High school diploma preferred and minimum 1 year clerical experience.
- Prior mailroom, data entry and/or scanning experience in a corporate environment with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Ability to alphabetize and organize items numerically.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills including grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong follow-through on projects and duties.
- Neat and legible penmanship a must.
- Aptitude to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events and capability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type on the keyboard as well as talk and hear and lift boxes. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to walk or stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Application: Submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.