Business Operations Manager
A member of the management team, the Business Operations Manager will ensure that our everyday activities regarding data entry and the mail room run smoothly and will set parameters to judge how efficiently and effectively these departments are operating. The Business operations manager will evaluate business procedures for said departments and ensure our organization has the best working environment and processes in place for success. Working with other departments, the business operations manager will manage the implementation of business guidelines and strategies to ensure everything runs smoothly and in accordance with any guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with department heads and managers to ensure the mail operations, data entry and clerical support activities are meeting internal and contractual needs.
- Evaluate best procedures and practices that should be in place for measurement and optimum productivity.
- Assist the executive team with making plans for future business ventures and help implement new directives for growth
- Provide monthly reports to the senior management team on the analysis of productivity, areas of improvement, and issues addressed
- Reviewing working practices to ascertain if it is successful and if not, devise an alternative
- Responsible for monitoring daily tasks of the mail room and data entry departments and solve any issues or inefficiencies in a timely manner.
- Participate in supporting RFI and RFP responses as required
- Provide status updates to RxS client liaisons
- Formulate and document Work Instructions and SOPs as required
- Responsible for setting guidelines for personnel evaluations, recruitment, and advancement
- Keeping employees motivated and organize appropriate training
- Work with department heads and senior management to evaluate employee capabilities and structure the organization to achieve the best performance
- Ensure duties are delegated appropriately to the proper positions
- Keep track of staffing requirements and hire new talent as needed to correspond with specific duties and skill sets
- Monitoring worker productivity
- Ensure all processes and procedures in place drive the business to increase profits
- Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments
- Work with department heads to establish departmental budgets, monitor budgets and implement budgetary controls.
- Review and recommend equipment needs
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a business/office environment required, pharmaceutical FDA/DEA regulated environment preferred.
- 3+ years in a managerial position (managing staff)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, sample compliance or sample distribution
- Scanning software knowledge preferred, such as Abby
- Working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills required
- Knowledge of the latest market conditions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments for self and staff based on business needs
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong follow-through on projects and duties
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to personnel
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Application: Submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.